The 5 Things You Need to Know About Good Area Rug Maintenance – Sedona AZ
Hi folks! Ruthie here with Arizona Oriental & Specialty Rug Care in Prescott AZ and you would be surprised how many people DON’T know the level of T.L.C. their area rugs require! Today I thought I would take a moment and talk about what area rugs require in terms of regular maintenance and how important it is. After all, YOU wouldn’t let your car go years and years without proper maintenance, would you?
If you let your vehicle go years and years without care, regular tune-ups, and any repairs as they pop up, you would eventually have to either spend a lot of money to repair your car or you would have to replace it completely. Either way, it ends up costing quite a bit of money if you let your vehicle go without regular maintenance.
Area rugs often get over looked in the maintenance of our homes, but they need just as much T.L.C. as our cars! Rugs live harsh lives on our floors and take a licking from the dry soil that builds up in them over time. We walk on them, we wipe our feet on them, and sometimes our animals have accidents on them. By taking care of your area rug the right way, you can extend your rug’s life by years and years.
What does good rug maintenance look like? Here are the 5 things you need to remember:
- Vacuum regularly! Vacuuming helps to remove the dry soil that our rugs pick up on a daily basis. It is very abrasive and grinds away at delicate wool and silk rug fibers if it doesn’t get vacuumed up.
- Blot up spots and spills as quickly as possible to prevent permanent staining. Always use a white towel or paper towels to gently dab up the spill, working from the outside of the spill towards the center. This will prevent the spill from spreading and becoming a bigger stain!
- Have your area rug professionally cleaned at least every 2 years. Regular vacuuming and spot cleaning when needed is great, but it’s no substitute for a deep clean! If your rug is in an area where it gets more traffic, it should be cleaned more often.
- Address any animal urine accidents as quickly as possible. Animal urine is acidic and, when left unaddressed in area rugs, will cause dry rot to the fibers over time. This will weaken foundation fibers and cause splits and holes to form in your beautiful rug. If your rug is getting a lot of animal accidents, you should have it professionally cleaned more often.
- Take care of repairs as quickly as possible! When damage to your rug’s side cords or fringe is left unattended, your rug will continue to unravel more and more. This eventually leads to much more extensive repairs.
Arizona Oriental & Specialty Rug Care is here to help all of our clients with their rug maintenance needs. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have and look forward to speaking with you! Isn’t it about time you turn over a new leaf with your area rug maintenance?
Till next time, enjoy your beautiful art for your floor and remember a clean rug is a rug that can last you a lifetime!
Arizona Oriental & Specialty Rug Care serves Sedona, Prescott, Prescott Valley, and much of the Northern Arizona areas. We meet the highest standards in professional cleaning of area rugs with rug wash specialists having earned the highest training which includes certification as WOOLSAFE FIBRE CARE SPECIALISTS through the WOOLSAFE ORGANISATION. Such extraordinary certification ensures the area rugs of our client’s receive the utmost in care.
Give us a call today for more information on proper area rug maintenance and quotes for cleaning or repairs at 928-445-1718, visit our website at www.ArizonaOriental.com, or stop by Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at our rug washing facility at 565 EZ Street, Prescott, AZ 86301 (pick-up and delivery also available).