5 Awesome Maintenance Tips to Help Preserve Your Area Rugs! – Prescott Valley AZ
Ruthie with Arizona Oriental & Specialty Rug Care here and I wanted to take a moment to talk about what good area rug maintenance looks like. You might be surprised by how many people don’t realize how much T.L.C. their area rugs require. Do you?
First let me ask you this – would you let your vehicle go years and years without proper maintenance? Of course not! If you didn’t get regular tune-ups and take care of repair needs as they happen, you would eventually have to spend a lot of money trying to repair your car or replace it entirely. Either way, you’ll be spending a lot of money if you let your vehicle go without regular maintenance.
Well, the same goes for our area rugs! I know it’s easy to overlook area rugs when it comes to home maintenance but they need just as much T.L.C. as our cars do. Living on the floor makes for a harsh life – between walking on them, dry soil building up in the fibers, and the occasional animal accident, rugs take quite the licking. By practicing good area rug maintenance, you can extend your rug’s life and enjoy them for many more years to come!
Here are the 5 things you should do to make sure your area rug is getting enough T.L.C.:
- Regular vacuuming helps remove the dry soil that gets left in our rugs on a daily basis. This dry soil is very abrasive and grinds away at delicate wool and silk fibers if it is allowed to build up in the rug. Vacuuming regularly helps to prevent this buildup of dry soil.
- Prevent permanent staining by blotting up spills & spots as quickly as possible. Use a white towel or a stack of paper towels to gently dab up the spill. Work your way from the outside of the spill toward the center and NEVER rub a spot! This will prevent the spill from spreading and becoming a larger stain.
- Your area rug should be professionally cleaned at least every 2 years. While regular vacuuming and spotting as needed is great, there is no substitute for deep, professional cleaning! If your rug sees more traffic activity, it should be cleaned more often.
- Always address animal urine accidents as quickly as possible. When acidic animal urine is left unaddressed, it causes dry rot to rug fibers over time. This weakens foundation fibers and causes splits and holes to form in your beautiful rugs. If there are a lot of animal accidents happening, you should have your rug professionally cleaned more often.
- Don’t ignore area rug repair needs! Damage to your rug’s side cord or fringes will continue to unravel and worsen over time if not repaired. Over time, this eventually leads to much more extensive (and expensive) repair needs.
Remember, Arizona Oriental is here to help with all our clients’ area rug maintenance needs – from professional cleaning to repairs. We offer free estimates and are more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Isn’t it time to turn over a new leaf with your area rug maintenance?
Till next time, enjoy your beautiful art for your floor and remember a clean rug is a rug that can last you a lifetime!
Arizona Oriental & Specialty Rug Care serves Prescott Valley, Prescott, Sedona, and much of the Northern Arizona areas. We meet the highest standards in professional cleaning of area rugs with rug wash specialists having earned the highest training which includes certification as WOOLSAFE FIBRE CARE SPECIALISTS through the WOOLSAFE ORGANISATION. Such extraordinary certification ensures the area rugs of our client’s receive the utmost in care.
Give us a call today for more information on proper area rug maintenance and quotes for cleaning or repairs at 928-445-1718, visit our website at www.ArizonaOriental.com, or stop by Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at our rug washing facility at 565 EZ Street, Prescott, AZ 86301 (pick-up and delivery also available). (06-21-17)